Monday, March 1, 2010

Four confirmations. ZL training. New AP's. New ZL's. 7265 blog hits.

Elders Trejo, Maxfield, Toutai, Salazar, Callen
Hey Mom, and Dad,

This week went ok for us. This month we baptized eight people the first week of the month, but four of them were never confirmed due to the fact that on Sundays instead of coming to church they went to other places. Finally this last Sunday we got them to church and confirmed! A baptism doesn't count till it’s confirmed.

The last zone leader council went really great. I trained the Zone leaders on the importance of numbers. It was a great ZL council. Its official, Elder Sherman is out of the offices and now up in "La Joya" or aka Arbide2 as a ZL. That's where Elder Maxfield and I were Zone leaders together before coming to the offices. I really enjoyed my time in La Joya, its up in the hills of Leon above the city. Our new APs will be Elder Toutai (my old comp from Celaya) and Elder Trejo (who was in Irapuato with me when we used to go to Abasolo). They are great elders and I am really excited for them. Good luck to Elder Toutai, he is going to be in the offices till November and it will be his job to welcome the new Mission President, one word...STRESS. He will do great though. He and I were great companions and great friends in Celaya.

This week president is sending Elder Callen and me out to travel the mission and work with other companionship's for the week. Elder Callen will be going to San Luis Potosi and I will be going to Celaya, then Wednesday morning, Elder Callen and I will rendezvous in Aguascalientes to work with the ZL´s and some other companionship's there that are struggling. Friday evening we will come home together. It should be a fun week. When I travel I feel like the days go by so fast, it also gives me a great opportunity to meet other Elders and help them in their areas. Elder Maxfield will stay behind to show Elder Toutai and Elder Trejo their areas and train them in their duties.

15 more days till we see each other again. I feel a great excitement about going home to my family and new life. My branch president in Cardenas once taught me that in a young mans life there is never a greater time where he is so close to the hand of the lord, than when he is on a mission. The lord literally guides his every foot step and sends angels daily to protect him, bless him, inspire and console him. I don't know how any missionary would want to leave this feeling no matter how far away they are from home, so because of that I feel a profound sadness.

I get home Monday and on Tuesday morning I plan on doing a personal trip to the Newport Beach temple. It’s almost been 2 years since I've been through an endowment session at the temple. You never know how much the temple means to you till you don't have the opportunity to attend regularly.

Well I have to get going; Elder Callen and I are going downtown to do some shopping before we head out. My time is coming to an end and I am trying to make every minute count.

Love ya!

Elder Salazar

*A picture of the new APs, along with a picture of me "Fast and Furiously" going to get investigators in the van. Lol =D














6 comments:

Mark Bowden said...

Glad to see you are keeping both hands still on the wheel Elder Salazar (Your dad had to of taught you that 1 and 5 position). What I would give to go back 30 years to tract with you for one day. I know we would get in to teach and have a great time doing so.

Anonymous said...

Well Ben, I will write this week as I am sure next week will be a whirlwind. How FAST the time has gone and how you have GROWN in your love of the Lord. You will have been truly blessed. I will miss these weekly updates. GUDOS to you Dad for doing such a great job on your blog. I can't wait to hear your speech. Have a safe and uneventful trip home. Love, Titi.

R. Hicken said...

I have enjoyed following your mission through your blog. It has been especially exciting as aunt pat and I have been called to be mission presidents, A while back I discovered your President's blog.that was very interesting for me as well. Keep focused, We love you and your family. Uncle Bob& Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

Walk Tall Benjamin!!! You are a great man and have done a great service for TWO years!!! Can you believe it will come to an end in just less than two weeks? We are so thrilled to have you come home. The kids are really excited. Your homecoming will be a bit of heaven on earth. I love how it brings all the family together for that moment to embrace you again!!! We love you and are so proud of you. Well Done "Ben- Jammin"!

We Love you and will see you soon!

Love,
Leif, Shelly and kids

robin said...

Hey Elder Salazar: This is Aunt Robin (remember me?) I am finally writing you, and want to tell you how proud Uncle Mike and I are in you. I have used many of your letters to teach the YM/YW in our stake. We are proud of you, and pray for you every night. We know you will work 'til the end' when we get to see you again! By the way, do you know Elder Roberts from Riverside, CA? He is a great young man. We love you and know that you have been blessed.

Richard said...

Elder Salazar, I accidentally found your Blog while searching for SUD on Google. I love MML and noticed that you served in some of my favorite areas(Cardenas SLP, and Irapuato). I know you will be busy coming home and all, but please feel free to call me if you think about it. I'd like to inquire about a few people, especially in Cardenas. I served in 97-99. I'm from Glendora CA. It looks like you've done an awesome job. Welcome home. 626-226-7905
-Richard Ingram, Viva MML!!