Monday, October 13, 2008

Hey mama! Hola padre,

This week went well, we had 6 investigators come to church Sunday which was good because we have been having a really hard time getting people to come to church. The weather here has been really nice, except Saturday it rained really hard and we came home soaking wet, but that’s part of the missionary life. Dad sent me some pictures of Justin’s birthday, it looks like it was really fun. I wrote mom that sometimes when I am walking in the street I think about what everyone is doing back at home and It makes me laugh sometimes, to know that we are doing things so opposite, I’m working in Mexico speaking a different language and you guys are partying, =D. Things are going good here, we haven’t had any problems here which has been nice.

Well I gotta run but I will answer your questions.

Con amor, El Elder Salazar


1. How are Elder Callen and the other American missionaries adjusting to Mexico?
-------- They are all doing pretty well, Elder Callen has been sick for almost 3 months so he is having a hard time figuring out what to do. Other than that he is doing well, his Spanish is improving. There are 2 other American elders, and they both are having a really hard time with the language but it just comes with time.

2. How are things with your new companion?
-------- They are getting better. We have found a lot of people to teach this past week.

3. What do you like most about Mexico?
-------- Everything is cheap!!!

4. Do you get much help from the members and Ward Mission Leader?
-------- The problem we are having with the ward is getting steady consistent help from them. Our ward mission leader helps only when he wants to, which is kind of a bummer especially because he served in the Tijuana mission in 2006 and was even a zone leader. But we are working with them and they are definitely improving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elder Salazar,

We just had Where's Maldo a last week. I wore a really fake mustache and put on some make-up to make me look more latin. Your mom was a scream - she added about 40 years to herself and walked with a cane. My only problem was that I chose to set down right in front of a jewlry store - I wasn't wearing my glasses. Security was about to take me in when the first group found me. Security approached the first group and said, hey what are you saying to that creepy guy in the chair?

Scott and I went to visit one of our former ym who is now in jail. It was good to speak with him and express our love and concern. Scott brought a picture and was successful at getting on his level and bringing the Spirit into a place that is so depraved. It is a lesson that simply hanging out with the wrong crowd can get you into a real jam.

I am glad things are going well. Stay safe and have fun.

Jeff Trader

Anonymous said...

Elder Salazar,

Hello, Glad things are going well for you. Matthew had his first Maldo experience and he was in the first group to find Bishop Trader. When he came home he was telling us about the Bishop and the security guards we were all laughing. He said they never found your mom. I hope to go and help out next year. Erica got a job at Disneyland part-time, but it doesn't start till Nov. 5th i think. Jessy is doing good in school and looking for another job. Matthew is doing really good in school and getting good grades. Pumpkin and snickers miss you very much. I am glad things are going good out there for you. We keep you in our prays and we love you with all our hearts.

Lori Crespo